Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing # 3 - Videoconferencing

Students in high school are extremely interested in instant messaging, texting, etc. With this in mind, Skype will be an asset. I want to videoconference with a zoo such as the one in San Diego. In particular, I am interested in behavior, a topic often neglected due to the wealth of material to be covered in biology. Another possibility is to set up appointments with one of the health professional groups such as the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. The educational outreach department coordinates conferences between researchers and students in outlying districts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there: It's me - Laura K! I'm so glad to see you here on the blogroll. I didn't realize you were playing this summer... I'm down to the last two things and trying to find something inpsired to say about digital citizenship... Anyway, just thought I'd say hello! Love your wordle, by the way!

    ReplyDelete